SDP-40F LOCOMOTIVE TESTS ON THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD
This report describes the results of SDP-40F locomotive tests, conducted on the Burlington Northern Railroad. The test data was analyzed to characterize the locomotive's wheel-rail forces, as related to variations in track geometry and operating procedures. An analysis was also made to determine and quantify those factors which have the greatest influence upon the observed wheel-rail forces.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Palmer, D W
- Nayak, P R
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Derailments; Force; L/V ratio; Locomotives; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Standards; Structural design; Test trains; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; BNSF Railway
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Six axle locomotives; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00334465
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-410 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: ADL 82746
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM