Most world governments believe a national merchant fleet is vital to their economic and security interests. To insure these interests they have developed a myriad of economic and subsidy aids to promote the growth of national flag merchant shipping. This report details the aids supplied by 50 nations. Excluded are those countries whose fleets are smaller than 100,000 gross tons or whose maritime activities are controlled by a centrally planned economy.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Gage, R J
- Coe, M W
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Economics; Operating subsidies; Shipbuilding; Shipping; Subsidies
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipping economics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM