TRAFFIC ADJUSTMENTS FROM ENERGY, ECONOMY AND POPULATION CHANGES: A PRELIMINARY MANUAL
In this manual, adjustment factors are applied to baseline forecasts of traffic to account for various additional concerns that have not previously been considered, or for which the previous assumptions are no longer valid. Where appropriate, urban and rural contexts are dealt with separately. Among the aspects considered are changes in energy supply and price, auto ownership and use, households and life styles, employment and labor force, population characteristics, inflation, ridesharing, transit, and average car efficiency. Probable range of forecast errors are also discussed.
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjustment factors; Automobile ownership; Automobile travel; Demographics; Economic efficiency; Economic factors; Employment; Energy; Equipment maintenance; Households; Inflation; Manuals; Prices; Public transit; Ridesharing; Rural areas; Traffic forecasting; Urban areas; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Change; Efficiency; Equipment adjustment
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00334027
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM