FEDERAL ASSISTANCE FOR PROGRAMS SERVING THE HANDICAPPED
This is a directory of programs for the handicapped most of which provide assistance to the handicapped or people working with or for them. Some programs serve a larger segment of the population, but are mandated to spend a certain percentage of funds for serving the handicapped. Medical research programs which have implication in the field of handicaps are listed by title, as are programs of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration which is committed to facilitate mass transportation systems that can be used by handicapped individuals. Programs are presented in four categories: formula grants to states, project grants, direct payments, and nonfinancial assistance. A subject index and an index on applicant eligibility are provided. Since funding through formula grants must be explored with the administering state agency, selection of the most important state agencies serving the handicapped have been included. A listing of resources for funding information and a small selection of bibliographic references to the numerous books in the funding field are also included.
Department of EducationSpecial Ed & Rehab Services, Handicapped Individuals Office
Washington, DC United States 20202
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 242 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Directories; Federal aid; Grant aid; Medical equipment; Medicine; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Technical assistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Programs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00334024
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. E-80-22001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1982 12:00AM