THE SELECTION OF PROPULSION SYSTEMS FOR WORKBOATS
This paper sets out to examine a number of propulsion systems available to the designer and operator of workboats with a view to outlining their advantages and disadvantages. Comparative performance criteria will be discussed with a view to indicating economic characteristics. Such systems under discussion included Kort nozzles, steerable propeller units, cycloidal propellers, water jet units with comparisons made to both fixed and variable pitch propeller installations. Order from NSFI as No. 22430.
- Paper presented at Port & Coastal Services held at Brighton, May 1980.
Port and Coastal ServicesBrighton, England
- Hudson, F D
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Cycloidal propellers; Performance; Propellers; Propulsion; Steerable propellers; Tugboats; Variable pitch propellers; Waterjet propelled craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Fixed pitch propellers; Propeller performance; Propeller selection; Tug propulsion; Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331984
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM