PROPELLER DESIGN FOR FUEL ECONOMY
In this paper, factors which may lead to the choice of nonoptimum propeller characteristics are reviewed, and typical power changes associated with small deviations from the optimum propeller are derived and discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 22429.
- Paper presented at Ports & Coastal Services held at Brighton, May 1980.
Ports and Coastal ServicesBrighton, England
- Molland, A F
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller characteristics; Propeller design; Propeller efficiency; Propeller selection
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331980
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM