MECHANICALLY OPERATING OIL SKIMMING AND DISPOSAL SYSTEM FOR THE HIGH SEA
The take up of the oil/water mixture is proposed to take place at the bow of the vessel through a wide mouth leading the mixture over a ramp with 5 to 10 degrees inclination to a hinged barrage that is-independently from the movement of the vessel-kept at a constant submersion of abt. 10 cm by an automatically controlled mechanism. Order from NSFI as No. 22373.
- Presented at Intermaritec '80, Hamburg, September 24-25, 1980.
Intermaritec '80Hamburg, Germany
- Woeber, W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: High seas oil recovery; Oil removal systems; Oil skimmers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00331954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM