The essentials of engine design, construction, operation and maintenance are presented in this introduction to marine diesel engineering. Contents: Engine fundamentals and thermodynamics; Fuels and combustion; Engine construction; Two-stroke and four-stroke cycle engines; Combustion chambers and related systems; Fuel and fuel injection systems; Governors; Cooling and lubrication systems; Starting and reversing systems; Troubleshooting.
Prentice-Hall, IncorporatedRoute 9W
Englewood Cliffs, NJ United States 07632
- Burghardt, M D
- Kingsley, G D
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 178 p.
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Cooling systems; Design; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Engines; Fuel injection; Fuel systems; Governors (Devices); Lubrication; Vehicle design; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel cooling; Diesel design; Diesel lubrication; Diesel maintenance; Diesel operation; Engine design; Engine governors
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maxwell Scientific International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM