GENERAL-PURPOSE CONTAINERS: TYPES, BASIC PARAMETERS, AND DIMENSIONS--GOST (STATE STANDARD) 18477-73
KONTEINERY UNIVERSAL'NYE: TIPY, OSNOVNYE PARAMETRY, RAZMERY--GOST 18477-73
USSR State Standard 18477-73 covers general-purpose containers used in railroad, highway, river, and maritime freight transportation. Basic information is given on each type of container. The types of container are determined by weight, with each type falling within one of three general categories--low tonnage (0.725 to 1.25 metric tons), medium tonnage (2.5 to 5 metric tons), and high tonnage (10 to 30 metric tons). This standard is comparable to the international standards ISO/DIS-688 and ISO/DIS-2973 and follows the recommendations given in ISO/6R-1894. It does not cover special-purpose containers. The appendix consists of a table of container types designated in accordance with recommendations in the international standard ISO/R-668.
- Abstract only available in English. Original document, untranslated as of March 1981, can be seen for reference purposes. (Contact Technology Planning Officer at FRA/OR&D).
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Containers; Design; Intermodal transportation; International; Railroads; Standardization; Standards
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; International standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00331865
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM