GENERAL-PURPOSE CONTAINERS: OVERALL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS, ACCEPTANCE RULES, TEST METHODS--GOST (STATE STANDARD) 20259-74, GOST 20260-74
KONTEINERY UNIVERSAL'NYE: OBSCHIE TECHNICHESKIE TREBOVANIYA, PRAVILA PRIYOMKI, METHODY ISPYTANII--GOST 20259-74, GOST 20260-74
This pamphlet contains USSR State Standards GOST 20259-74 and GOST 20260-74. Overall technical specifications are dealt with in GOST 20259-74 for container types UUK-2.5 (3.0), UUK-5U, UUK-10, UUK-20, and UUK-30, as identified in GOST 18477-73. GOST 20259-74 does not cover special-purpose containers. This standard corresponds to the international standard ISO 1496/1 as regards technical requirements. Appendix I provides diagrams of sizes of forces acting on container types UUK-2.5 (3.0), UUK-5U, and UUK-5. Appendix II provides diagrams of dynamic load forces acting on container types UUK-10, UUK-20, and UUK-30. Appendix III provides a reference table for terms and designations used in GOST 20259-74 corresponding with those established by the international standard ISO 1496/1 and the 1972 international agreement on container safety. GOST 20260-74 establishes acceptance rules and test methods for general-purpose container types UUK-2.5 (3.0), UUK-5U, UUK-5, UUK-10, UUK-20, and UUK-30, as identified in GOST 18477-73. This standard, GOST 20260-74, also corresponds to the international standard ISO 1496/1 with regard to test methods. No appendices are given in this standard.
- Abstract only available in English. Original documents, untranslated as of March 1981, can be seen for reference purposes. (Contact Technology Planning Officer at FRA/OR&D).
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Containerization; Containers; Design; Intermodal transportation; International; Railroads; Specifications; Standardization; Standards; Test procedures
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; International standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00331861
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM