RAILROADER'S ECONOMICS REFERENCE BOOK. PART I AND II
ECONOMICHESKYI SPRAVOCHNIK ZHELEZNODOROZHNIKA
This reference book is published in two volumes, part I and part II. The topics covered in part I include railroad freight and passenger service planning, operations, and management; the automation of railroad transportation; the operational costs and unit costs of freight and passenger service; the principal assets of the Soviet railroads; and the cost restraints and economic effectiveness of new railroad technology. Information is also given in part I on the role of Soviet railroads within the national transportation system and that system's role in the national economy. The topics covered in part II include railroad productivity, labor organizational structure, labor management practices, employee wage and bonus systems, freight and passenger tariffs, financial planning and data analysis, economics of the railroad supply system, economics of railroad repair enterprises, and railroad statistics for selected foreign countries. This reference work is intended for general readers, engineering and technical employees of railroads, and students in professional technical schools and secondary school institutions. Second edition of a work first published in 1971.
- Abstract only available in English. Original document, untranslated as of March 1981, can be seen for reference purposes. (Contact Technology Planning Officer at FRA/OR&D).
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 813 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Freight transportation; Management; Passenger transportation; Policy; Railroads; Statistics; Tariffs
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00331859
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM