FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION ON RAILROADS--REFERENCE BOOK
PEREVOZKA GRUZOV PO ZHELEZNYM DOROGAM--SPRAVOCHNIK
This reference book describes the basic operational procedures used by railroads, shippers, and consignees for the transportation of freight by railroad in the USSR. Topics covered include the planning and routing of freight shipments, general freight-handling procedures, accounting procedures, and shipping charges (for full-car loads, less-than-carload shipments, and container shipments). All the information provided in this reference book complies with the USSR railroad regulations and rules for freight transportation. The book is intended for the use of shippers, consignees, and railroad employees in engineering and technical areas.
- Abstract only available in English. Original document, untranslated as of March 1981, can be seen for reference purposes. (Contact Technology Planning Officer at FRA/OR&D).
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 456 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Containerization; Forecasting; Freight handling; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Less than carload traffic; Planning; Railroads; Rates; Routing; Traffic forecasting; Traffic managers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates; Shippers
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight operations; Less carload traffic
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00331857
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM