Loud & clear?
Table of contents: Europe needs a new datalink model to tackle its fragmented communications system in readiness for 4D trajectory operations which demand effective air/ground communication links. A lot has been achieved since the European deployment of datalink began, but a lot still remains to be done. ATM magazine offers updates on VDL Mode 2 technology. Iris, LDACS and US Data Comm, ATM magazine also examines how the emergence of 5G could impact the ATM landscape., In unison : after rather calamitous beginnings, the rollout of European datalink finally looks to have a renewed sense of purpose / [Aimee Turner] -- Digital migration : Germany's DLR has been testing digital communications technologies which offer the potential of potential of additional navigation and surveillance functions -- Changing the game : a combination of collaboration and coordination with the entire stakeholder community has resulted in huge advances for Data Comm in the United States / [Mark Boguski] -- Points of difference : Claudia Bacco examines the implications of advanced IP networking technologies and 5G for the industry.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 2019
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 33-41
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Communication systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 01713336
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Aug 7 2019 11:23AM