Research on algorithms for autonomous navigation of ships
The paper reports the most recent results of a research project dedicated to the development of a path planning module, constituting a part of an intelligent control system for ships—a Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) system. The paper describes the assumptions, carried out research tasks, and preliminary simulation and real experiments results. The main contribution is the development and validation of new algorithms for path planning and collision avoidance of ships. Two algorithms are introduced and tested—one using a heuristic approach and the other one applying a deterministic method. The input data to the algorithms are real navigational data registered from the navigational equipment of a ship Horyzont II. Simulations were performed in the MATLAB environment, while for real experiments a group of mobile platforms and an Indoor Positioning System were used. The outcome of the research will affect the development of new solutions in the area of autonomous navigation of ships, what will contribute to the achievement of safer and more efficient shipping.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/1651436X
- © 2019 Agnieszka Lazarowska.
- Lazarowska, Agnieszka
- Publication Date: 2019-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 341-358
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Autonomous vehicles; Crash avoidance systems; Decision support systems; Intelligent control systems; Navigation; Ship pilotage; Trajectory control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01718571
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 3 2019 3:09PM