VALIDATION OF TRUCK HANDLING SIMULATION RESULTS VOLUME II, TECHNICAL REPORT
A series of vehicle handling tests were performed with an instrumented tractor-semitrailer to provide data for validating an improved computer simulation of heavy articulated vehicles. The test matrix included various maneuvers on wet and dry surfaces with different vehicle loading conditions and articulation-point positions. Input and response parameters were recorded on magnetic tape and transitted to the Simulation Contractor to be used in refining and validating the vehicle simulation program. Volume I, Summary Report, is published as FHWA/RD-80/060. (FHWA)
Texas A&M Research FoundationCollege Station, TX United States 77843
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hayes, G G
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Handling characteristics; Heavy vehicles; Simulation; Tractor trailer combinations; Trailers; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Articulated vehicles; Handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00331739
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-80- 67 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9344
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM