TEST AND SEA EXPERIENCE -- GENERAL ELECTRIC LM2500 PROPULSION GAS TURBINE MODULE
Two major operating phases of the Gereral Electric LM2500 Propulsion Gas Turbine are discussed. The results of early shipboard experience and its impact on final design configurations of the Gas Turbine Assembly and the modular versions currently installed in U.S. Navy combatant ships are reviewed. The discussions relate to the 22,900 hr of operating experience aboard the improvements Turbine Ship (GTS) Admiral William M. Callaghan, a roll-on/roll-off container ship and secondly, the land based testing relating to the qualification of the LM2500 Propulsion Gas turbine Module for application aboard the Spruance Class Destroyers, Patrol Frigates and the U.S. Navy/NATO PHM (Patrol Hydrofoil Missile).
- Presented at Meeting on March 30-April 4, 1974.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Brisken, R W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Performance; Propulsion
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #74-GT-161
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM