SEGREGATED BALLAST TANK
Alternative means of providing additional capacity in tankers by better design, together with the effects on the structure, cost, weight and tonnage, are discussed. Operational and cargo handling aspects of segregated ballast tankers are discussed in some depth, and particular emphasis is laid upon the pollution prevention potential of this type of tanker. The draught regulations for segregated ballast tankers now being considered by IMCO are examined.
- Presented at the Symposium on Marine Pollution at the National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, England, February 27-28, 1973.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Crighton, L J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Oil spills; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Segregated ballast tankers
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054859
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #4 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM