SOME THOUGHTS ON MATERIAL STABILITY
The paper is concerned with some underlying physical considerations which bear on the development of restrictions on the strain-energy function for an elastic material which may undergo finite deformations. Some comments are also made on the possible use of the strain-energy function at deformations for which a necessary condition for material stability is violated.
Lehigh UniversityCenter for the Application of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
- Rivlin, R S
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic modulus of elasticity; Elastic analysis; Elastic deformation; Strain (Mechanics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Elastic stability; Elastodynamic analysis; Strain energy
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00331652
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAM-100-36
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM