ULTRASONIC P-SCAN SYSTEM FOR WELD INSPECTION
The Danish Welding Institute has developed a new system for fast and accurate weld inspection. All ultrasonic echo signals are permanently recorded on small magnetic casette tape and any defects are transmitted onto a TV monitor screen in clear readable projection images showing accurate extension and position of the defects. Hard copies can also be made.
- 9th World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, Melbourne, 19-23 November 1979.
World Conference on Non-Destructive TestingParkville, Victoria, Australia
- LUND, S A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Ultrasonic tests; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Weld defects
- Old TRIS Terms: Weld inspection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00331611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3B-15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM