STANDARDIZATION OF AUTOMATIC ULTRASONIC TESTING OF STEEL WELDS IN JAPAN
In Japan, a task group on automatic ultrasonic testing for welds was organized in 1976; the group subsequently produced NDIS 2407-76, a standard for automatic flaw detection in steel welds. This paper presents the text of the standard, which prescribes the scanning method of probes and their designation, classification of recording methods, functions and performance that the instruments should display, ways of routine operation and related matters. Prescriptions for automatic testing of steel pipes at steel manufacturing plants and the same testing at atomic power plants are excluded from this standard.
- 9th World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, Melbourne, 19-23 November 1979.
World Conference on Non-Destructive TestingParkville, Victoria, Australia
- Isono, E
- Fujimori, T
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Flaw detection; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Standards; Ultrasonic tests; Weld tests; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Weld defects
- Old TRIS Terms: Standards (Weld testing)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00331608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 1C-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM