PREVENTION OF POLLUTION FROM CHEMICAL TANKERS
Recommendations for better control of seawater pollution caused by tankers for chemical liquids are given. Design and equipment to minimize the risk of pollution caused by accidents are proposed, as well as the more rigid control to prevent the deliberate discharge of tank cleaning liquids or ballast.
- Presented at the Symposium on Marine Pollution at the National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, England, February 27-28, 1973.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Page, R C
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical spills; Chemical tankers; Cleaning; Pollution control; Storage tanks; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Water chemistry
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank cleaning; Tanker pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054853
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM