AUTOMATED NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING TECHNIQUES FOR THE COMPUTERISED INSPECTION ON WHEELS IN MOTION
A system for the examination of the structural integrity of wheels in motion using both ultrasonic Rayleigh surface waves and sonic excitation is presented. Certain technical aspects of this project have reached an advanced state of development elsewhere. The emphasis in this paper is on the overall automation and computerization and the statistical interpretation of the results, which are being developed in Australia.
- World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, 9th, Melbourne, Australia, November 19-23, 1979.
World Conference on Non-Destructive TestingParkville, Victoria, Australia
- Kemeny, L G
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Information processing; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Railroad facilities; Technology; Ultrasonic tests; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Wayside; Wheel inspection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 1C-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM