AUTOMATED INSPECTION OF BRITISH RAIL TRACK
An ultrasonic test vehicle is operated by British Rail in order to monitor track. An on-board computer system has recently been installed, which processes and records data produced by 10 ultrasonic probes and 2 sound probes. The project and current status are reviewed.
- World Conference on Non-Destructive Testing, 9th, Melbourne, Australia, November 19-23, 1979.
World Conference on Non-Destructive TestingParkville, Victoria, Australia
- Gardner, W E
- Hawker, B M
- Higton, B
- Martin, R
- Whitehead, N P
- Johnson, P C
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Information processing; Inspection; Inspection cars; Ultrasonic tests
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00331538
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 1C-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM