OPERATING EXPERIENCE OF KONGSBERG GAS TURBINES AND MARINE SYSTEMS ON BOARD MERCHANT SHIPS
The Kongsberg KG2 gas turbine has been designed specifically as a marine gas turbine for auxiliary drives on board ships. The design philosophy of the engine is discussed and a description of the main components of the engine follows. It has been necessary for Kongsberg to develop complete systems for shipowners and shipbuilders. These are described to give an indication of the type of installation in which experience has been gained. The operating experience is discussed. Examples of modifications which have been carried out as a result of this experience are outlined. Attention is drawn to the influence of these modifications on the starting reliability of the engine.
- Presented at the ASME Meeting, MArch 30-April 4, 1974.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Westrum, T H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power generation; Gas turbines; Generators
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #74-GT-164
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM