STUDY OF PARKING SPECIFICATIONS WITH RESPECT TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT AVAILABILITY
This report sets out a recommended simple procedure by which a developer can determine the required rate of car- parking provision for any proposed land- use which takes into account the availability of public transport services at the site. The method introduces three factors which have been derived from research: 1) a macro-index - which takes into account all regional influences of public transport demand on the demand for car- parking, 2) a micro-index - which accounts for variations in site conditions, and 3) an "influence factor" - which allows for the degree to which public transport availability creates variations in car- parking demand. A working example of the method is cited in the text together with the maps and tables from which the above factors are determined in each instance. The report also sets out the suggested conditions under which a more rigorous analysis may be adopted by a developer and minimum considerations which must be included in this analysis if it is adopted. The proposed method is particularly sensitive to variations in public transport demand and is dependent on the presence of accurate transportation planning data. The factors used in the method should be updated and refined whenever this data is updated or refined. (TRRL)
Melbourne and Metropolitan Board of WorksP.O. Box 4342, 625 Little Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Land use; Maps; Methodology; Parking; Parking facilities; Public transit; Tables (Data); Traffic control; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- ITRD Terms: 916: Car park; 285: Demand (econ); 356: Land use; 9102: Method; 955: Parking; 744: Public transport
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00331434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM