LOAD ON TOP SYSTEM, PRESENT AND FUTURE
The problem of ballast voyages of tankers and the cleaning process is discussed with the purpose of improving the existing system "load on top" which was developed to reduce the dumping of oil into the sea. The advantages of the methods, proposed to separate residual oil, are emphasized.
- Presented at the Symposium on Marine Pollution at the National Physical Laboratory , Teddington, England, February 27-28, 1973.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Victory, G
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Loading and unloading; Oil spills; Ship operations; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading systems; Tanker operations
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #2 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM