RAPID PROPAGATION OF A CRACK IN A BRITTLE MATERIAL
In this report an attempt is described to apply the mechanics of the continuum to the problem of the propagation of a crack in a plate being in a one-dimensional state of stress by static external loads. It is necessary to assume that the crack has already reached the point where the rapid increase of velocity of propagation begins.
Brown UniversityProvidence, RI United States 02912
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Schilhansl, M J
- Publication Date: 1955-3-25
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fracture mechanics
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00331289
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC- 87 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NObs-65917
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM