CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS IN THE DD-963; A STATUS REPORT
When the DD963 joins the fleet in 1974, she will be unlike any destroyer ever to fly the United States flag. As a vital part of the main propulsion plant of this ship, controllable pitch propellers were used in conjunction with marine gas turbines. This paper addresses the description and operation of the CP propellers, and various improvements in the "state of the art" of propeller design and manufacture which have been incorporated in the ship.
- Prepared for a meeting 30 Mar-4 Apr 1974.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Ridley, D E
- Case, R C
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Propellers; State of the art
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #74-GT-162 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM