THE CAR DRIVER AGED FROM 18 TO 24 YEARS. BACKGROUND DOCUMENTATION OF THE SAFETY CAMPAIGN "PROVE YOUR DRIVING LICENCE"
DE AUTOMOBILIST IN DE LEEFTIJDSCATEGORIE 18-24 JAAR. ACHTERGRONDDOCUMENTATIE TEN BEHOEVE VAN DE ACTIE "BEWIJS JE RIJBEWIJS"
Results are presented of a literature review undertaken to obtain an insight into the number, characteristics and backgrounds of accidents in which young car drivers are involved. Data from the traffic accident registration are also analysed. Chapter I presents accident data in the Netherlands and other countries to show the magnitude of the problem. Chapter II discusses the circumstances in which young drivers were involved in accidents. It is shown that these circumstances are different from those in which car drivers in general are involved. Chapter III tries to explain the fact that the accident rate of young drivers does not correlate with the accident rate of older drivers. A single cause cannot be indicated. Different factors play their role. (TRRL)
VEILIG VERKEER NEDERLANDPO BOX 423
HUIZEN, Netherlands 1270 AK
- Vankers, A
- Kleinrs, A
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Aptitude; Automobiles; Behavior; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Crash rates; Defects; Drivers; Driving; Intoxication; Manual safety belts; Motor skills; Personality; Speed; Teenage drivers; Vehicle miles of travel
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Driver psychology
- ITRD Terms: 1612: Accident rate; 1748: Adolescent; 1243: Car; 5238: Defect (tech); 2226: Driving aptitude; 2231: Drunkenness; 8078: Netherlands; 2258: Personality; 1476: Safety belt; 2205: Skill (road user); 5408: Speed; 292: Vehicle mile
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00331165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM