CASDOS-COMPUTER AIDED STRUCTURAL DETAILING OF SHIPS
This paper describes a computer software system used to prepare drawings and specifications for the structural fabrication of Naval ships. The paper is written from the user's viewpoint and explains the parts of the system in terms of what happens, rather than dwelling on computer operations. Examples of actual production runs are presented to show the scope of the system. Benefits and advantages, as well as, implementation problems are discussed and finally improvements planned for the system are noted.
- Prepared for meeting 1-4 October 1973.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers20501 Ford Road
Dearborn, MI USA 48128
- O'BRIEN, J B
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Drafting; Machines; Naval architecture; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Drafting machines
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054812
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS 73-952 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM