TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENTS IN TRANSPORTATION: SURVEY OF RECENT LITERATURE
A survey and an evaluation of recent studies of transportation systems done in a technology-assessment framework were undertaken as the basis for a detailed statement of work for a US Department of Energy technology assessment of transportation energy-conservation strategies. Several bibliographies were searched and numerous professionals in the field of technology assessment were contacted regarding current work. Detailed abstracts were prepared for studies judged to be sufficiently broad in coverage of impacts assessed, yet detailed in coverage of all or part of the nation's transportation systems. Some studies were rich in data but not comprehensive in their analytical approach; brief abstracts were prepared for these. An explanation of the criteria used to screen the studies, as well as abstracts of 37 reports, are provided in this compendium of transportation-technology-assessment literature.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- LaBelle, S J
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Economics; Energy conservation; Productivity; Systems analysis; Technological forecasting; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation systems analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00331093
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Contract Numbers: W-31-109-ENG-38
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM