MODEL STATE MOTOR CARRIER ACT
After passage of the Federal Motor Carrier Act of 1980, a need was felt for revising previous model state motor carrier laws in relation to the federal act in order to promote regulatory uniformity to the extent compatible with protecting the consumer interest with respect to intrastate transportation and to promote greater cooperation among state regulatory agencies. This document contains the full test of the Model State Motor Carrier Act adopted by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners on 12 November 1980.
National Association of Regulatory Utility Comm1102 Interstate Commerce Commission Building
Washington, DC USA 20044
- Publication Date: 1980-11-12
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Interstate commerce; Laws; Motor carriers; Recommendations; Regulations; State government
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Intrastate
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00331078
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM