LEGAL IMPEDIMENTS TO FORMING CARPOOLS, VANPOOLS AND OTHER TYPES OF RIDESHARING ARRANGEMENTS
In the Surface Transportation Assistance Act of 1978, Congress requested that the Secretary of Transportation assist state and local governments in removing legal and regulatory barriers to ridesharing programs. The purpose of this document is to identify state laws that may impede ridesharing arrangements. Following a brief introduction, it is divided into the following six sections: State motor carrier laws; Insurance for ridesharing arrangements; State vehicle codes; State fair labor standards acts; State income tax laws; and Restrictions on the use of government owned vehicles.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kearney, E F
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Case studies; Control; Governments; Insurance; Labor law; Laws; Legal documents; Ownership; Ridesharing; State government; Taxation; Vanpools; Vehicle classification
- Old TRIS Terms: Legal studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00331072
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9461
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM