THE INFLUENCE OF HEAT TREATMENT ON THE NOTCHED-BAR PROPERTIES OF SEMIKILLED PLATE
The cooling rate after rolling varies from one steel plant to another. This variation changes the microstructure and appeared very likely to affect the notched-bar properties of the steel plates. From these facts, a comprehensive study of the effect of austenitizing temperature and cooling rate on notched-bar properties of ship plate steel seemed desirable. Results of this study can be used to estimate the effect of rolling temperature and of cooling rates from rolling temperatures on the notched-bar properties of semikilled steel plate.
Battelle Memorial Institute505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Frazier, R H
- Boulger, F W
- Lorig, C H
- Publication Date: 1954-3-15
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Metal heating; Notch tests
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00331014
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC- 71 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NObs-53239
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM