APPLICATION OF THE EXPLOSIVE TEST TO EVALUATE SHOCK PROPERTIES OF HIGH YIELD STRENGTH STEELS
Results of a preliminary investigation to establish optimum technique for direct-explosion testing of high yield strength steels has been undertaken. Optimum test-plate size, method of supporting test plate, and type of explosive required have been established. A theoretical study of the state of stress exisiting in test plates was made.
Air Reduction Company, IncorporatedAIRCO Industrial Gases Division
New York, NY USA
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Muller, A
- Benz, W G
- Snelling, W H
- Publication Date: 1949-7-13
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Explosions; High strength steel; Impact tests; Plates (Engineering); Shipbuilding steel
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Explosion effects; Plate deformation; Ship plates; Ship steels; Shock testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00330983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC- 29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NObs-34232, NObs-34231
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM