CAUSES OF CLEAVAGE FRACTURE IN SHIP PLATE: FLAT PLATE TESTS
The report consists entirely of 37 diagrams of plate elongation measured over various stress levels, 30 photographs of fracture specimens with hardness contours and an appendix. The appendix consists of 67 tables showing percent elongation for each of the wide notched flat plates tested. Readings reproducable to plus or minus .002 inches were taken by means of a special gage prior to loading and after fracture.
University of California, BerkeleyCollege of Engineering
Berkeley, CA USA 94720
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- DAVIS, H E
- TROXELL, G E
- Boodberg, A
- Parker, E R
- O'Brien, M P
- Publication Date: 1946-8-23
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleavage fracture; Fracture mechanics; Plate bearing test
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship plates
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00330975
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC- 2 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NObs-31222, NObs-34231
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM