TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT OF ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION FUELS. MANAGEMENT REPORT NO. 17
A scenario is developed which depicts the transition, during the period from 1980 to 1997, of mainline freight railroads in the US from diesel to electric power. Progress in developing an econometric model of the market penetration of electric-powered vehicles in the US to the year 2010 is reported.
SRI International333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025-3493
- Publication Date: 1977-6-10
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Diesel fuels; Econometric models; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Railroad electrification
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00330637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Contract Numbers: AT03-76CS50115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM