DEVELOPMENT OF WARRANTS FOR LEFT-TURN LANES
Warrants for the installation of separate left-turn lanes were developed. Literature was reviewed, and policies and practices in other states were surveyed. Accident analyses of locations with and without separate left-turn lanes were conducted. Computer simulation was used to determine the relationship between and among traffic delay and load ship between left-turn accidents and conflicts was investigated. Warrants were developed involving the following three general areas: (1) accident experience, (2) volumes (based on delay), and (3) traffic conflicts. (Author)
- Record URL:
- Study Title "Development of Warrants for Separate Left-Turn Lanes and Signal Phasing.
Frankfort, KY United States 40601
- Agent, K R
- Publication Date: 1979-7-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Left turn lanes; Load factor; Policy; Reviews; Simulation; Traffic conflicts; Traffic delays; Traffic lanes; Traffic volume; Warrants (Traffic control devices)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Left lane
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00330624
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rept. No. 526 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: KYP-75-70
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM