DEVELOPMENT OF RISK BENEFIT COST ANALYSIS FOR POLICY FORMULATION (WITH ANALYSIS OF LNG OPERATIONS AS A CASE STUDY). APPENDICES AND BIBLIOGRAPHY
The report comprises two appendices of detailed information about various aspects of liquefied natural gas (LNG). It constitutes the basis of an analysis of LNG operations as a case study of the development of risk-benefit cost analysis for policy formulation. Appendix A tabulates U.S. LNG peak-shaving facilities, receiving terminals, base loan liquefaction plants, and above-ground storage facilities with respect to company, location and facility. The same format presents information above-ground and underground storage facilities for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Appendix B contains descriptive information and data on the physical nature of LNG and associated risks. Major topics discussed include the chemistry and thermodynamics of LNG in storage and rollover, and distribution of LNG. The latter includes a description of hazards from spreading LNG, tornadoes and hurricanes, fire hazards, tanker collision, internal failure of LNG tankers, meteorites, land spils and tsunamis. An extensive bibliography is included.
Sterling Hobe Corporation1747 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bibliographies; Collisions; Costs; Decision making; Freight transportation; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; LNG terminals; Risk analysis; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng properties data; Lng rollover; Lng transportation; Tanker collisions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330562
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM