STANDARD POWER PLANT CHARACTERISTICS FOR ADVANCED NAVAL VEHICLES IN THE 1980-2000 TIME PERIOD. WORKING PAPER
This document has been prepared to provide a single set of standardized characteristics to describe the power plants expected to be available by the year 2000. It is proposed to use these standard data for all conceptual vehicle designs and evaluation studies in the ANVCE program. This standardization has been considered necessary in order to avoid the inconsistencies which may have resulted from otherwise independent extrapolations of technological trends. All extrapolations to the year 2000 are based on technological trends which have been evident up to present date (1976) including both in-service, demonstrated performance and the results of design studies, experimental investigations and advanced-development programs.
Payne, Incorporated1933 Lincoln Drive
Annapolis, MD United States 21401
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; High speed rail; Military vessels; Performance; Propulsion; Standardization; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced propulsion; Power plant design; Power plant performance; Standardized power plant
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330558
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Contract Numbers: N00167-76-M-8390
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM