AWASH-PROGRAM FOR THE ANALYSIS OF WIND ASSISTED SHIPS
The Atkins Wind Assisted Ship (AWASH) computer program for studying vessels that use both wind and conventional power is presented. The program is designed to produce curves presenting a plot of minimum auxiliary power required to maintain constant speed, plotted against the wind angle. The AWASH is written for the Tektronix 4000 series computer graphical display unit. Order from NSFI as No. 22146.
Atkins Research and DevelopmentSurrey, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Auxiliary power plants; Computer programs; Sailing ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330550
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM