AN EVALUATION OF FULL-SCALE WAVE LOADS
This guide plots and compares the results of midship bending stress measurements made on 22 ships of various types which have been converted to a common bending moment coefficient. Trends of wave bending moment with ship type, trade route, length and fullness are shown. Recommendations are made for future measurements, analysis and comparisons with model and analytical studies.
- Members $4.00; List price $6.00.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending moments; Bending stress; Hulls; Loads; Stresses; Water waves; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending moments; Hull stress; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330526
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bulletin 2-26
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM