A PROCEDURE FOR THE TRANSVERSE STRENGTH ASSESSMENT OF LARGE BULK CARRIER SHIPS
This paper synthesizes a research carried out since 1971 in order to update the relevant R.I.NA. procedure for transverse strength calculation for bulk carriers. The procedure based on the substructuring technique, includes some ideas reducing the errors embedded in the method and leads to reliable results as shown by comparison with full scale measurements, some of which are presented. On the contrary the weak point is related to loads and allowable stresses, for which reference is made to the relevant Rules.
- Available from MRIS, price $4.00.
Registro Italiano Navale20 Via Vente Settembre
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Dynamic loads; Finite element method; Hulls; Static loads; Stresses; Structural analysis; Transverse strength
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull stress; Hull structural analysis; Hull structures; Static loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00330524
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM