PASSENGER TRANSPORT INTERCHANGES ON MERSEYSIDE--A DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMME
The monograph describes a series of demonstration projects at 13 stations including the integration of bus and rail services and the provision of improved car parking facilities for rail commuters. The studies concentrate on three aspects of interchange-based services: the introduction of direct bus feeder services providing good connections with trains; the integration of stage carriage bus and rail services through minor re-scheduling of arrival and departure times; the provision of attractive and convenient facilities at stations and an exploration of optimum parking charge levels aimed at encouraging more people to transfer from car to rail.
Peat, Marwick, Kates and CompanyJames Street, Scottish Life House
Liverpool 2, England
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Passenger service; Railroad stations
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00054761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM