THE U.S. MARITIME INDUSTRY IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST
The U.S. Maritime Industry is one of America's most influential industries. This engrossing history traces the influence of the U.S. Merchant Marine and the shipbuilding industry on world trade, U.S. economic development and national defense, and studies the current problems affecting them. The U.S. Maritime Industry discusses government policies regarding the industry, including economic and defense aspects. The book is filled with photographs, graphs and tables to illustrate its historical development.
Acropolis Books Limited2400 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20009
- HEINE, I M
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Pagination: 432 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; History; Military shipments; Seas; Shipbuilding; Shipping; Statistics; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Defense shipping; Maritime economics; National shipping policies; Shipping statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; History; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00330448
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM