THE ROLE OF PAVEMENT CONSTRUCTION
The purpose of this note is to indicate the relevance to this workshop topic of what is placed on and under the pavement surface, both at initial construction and subsequently. The choice of initial pavement composition (material types, thicknesses and configuration of material layers) and the nature and timing of later remedial work bears directly on the level of service provided to the user by the road surface and also on the cost to the authority providing this service. Alternative strategies are discussed together with frameworks within which they may be evaluated (a). (TRRL)
- Papers from Workshop on the Economics of Road Design Standards, Canberra, May 18-20, 1980.
Bureau of Transport Economics, AustraliaAllara Street
Canberra City, A.C.T. 2601, Australia
- POTTER, D W
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Level of service; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Paving; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Thickness; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 255: Economics; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 3071: Evenness; 2952: Layer; 653: Level of service; 3847: Maintenance; 4555: Material (constr); 3055: Pavement design; 5933: Thickness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00330379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM