MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS--PRESENT AND FUTURE
This paper presents the development of materials handling as a service function. It is always performed for some end-result other than handling itself, the most common being service to product and distribution. There are three main categories of materials handling systems that exist in plant operations--systems for in-coming materials, systems for in-process materials, and systems for out-going materials. These are discussed.
- Presented at the Joint Materials Handling Conference, Pittsburgh, Pa., Sept. 19-21, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Rowan, M J
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Materials management
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054751
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #73-MH-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM