OPTIMUM DESIGN PARAMETERS FOR IMPACT DAMPERS
User oriented charts for optimum design of impact dampers are developed and presented. The charts can be used to select optimum combination of impact damper parameters which meet the design requirements. Periodic symmetric two impacts per cycle dampers were optimized. The maximum displacement amplitude of the primary system was minimized. A minimax principle and direct search algorithm are used to optimize the nonlinear constrained multivariable objective function.
- Presented at the Design Engineering Technical Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio, Sept. 9-12, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Dokainish, M A
- Elmaraghy, H
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Impacts; Materials science; Occupant protection devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054748
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #73-DET-61
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM