PATH SYNTHESIS OF ROLLING CONTACT MECHANISMS
A method of synthesizing planar oscillating rolling contact mechanisms with the aid of a digital computer is presented. The procedure used approximates the path to be synthesized and the fixed centrode as a series of arc and straight line segments. This method of describing a curve simplifies the equation for the moving centrode. These equations are used to develop a computer program that will determine the moving centrode from a series of points that define the path and fixed centrode in terms of arc and straight line segments. The resulting computer drawn moving centrodes are more accurate than those determined by the traditional graphical techniques.
- Presented at the Design Engineering Technical Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio, Sept 9-12, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Minardi, L R
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Accession Number: 00054747
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #73-DET-60
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM