MANAGEMENT OF PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION AND TRANSPORTATION
This fifth edition has been expanded in its treatment of physical distribution. Chapters on Inventory Control, Warehousing Management, Material Handling, and Location Analysis have been broadened through increased utilization of qualitative and quantitative methods, and treatment of Industrial Packaging and Order Processing has been strengthened through separate chapters devoted to these functions. An additional chapter has also been included to provide a wider range of management principles and analytical tools in decision making. Such aids as forecasting, including time series analysis and input-output models, information flow, quality control, and others are covered.
Irwin (Richard D), Incorporated1818 Ridge Road
Homewood, IL USA 60430
- Taff, C A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 520 p.
- TRT Terms: Logistics; Management; Physical distribution
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Journal
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1996 12:00AM